Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we’ll spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Heidi, who is our brilliant Head of Floristry. Read the full interview with Heidi below.
1. How long have you been working at Bayley & Sage and what different roles have you held within the company? What is your role now?
I have been working at B&S for a little over a year. My first role was as a florist, but I was involved with Abode too. My current role is Head of Floristry.
2. What’s your favourite thing about working at Bayley & Sage?
Definitely the people! We have a great team, both in floristry and across the company.
3. Who has inspired you the most throughout your career?
A close family friend, Cindy. She worked for the same company for over 40 years, in an executive role. She worked her way up the company until she got her dream role. Every time I saw her interact with people both professionally and personally, I admired how she genuinely would treat every person with kindness and respect. She has taught me a lot in life.
4. Have you always worked in this industry? If not, what other types of roles have you held?
I’ve been in floristry for about 4 years now. I was a graphic designer previously and I have a degree in Art Direction in Advertising. I’ve always been in creative roles. Creativity is such an important skill to have in any industry as it can be applied to so may different areas. All these different roles that I have had previously, continue to help me in my current role.
5. What’s the best advice you could give someone who’s just starting out in their career?
Jump in and get involved. Make the most out of every opportunity that you are given. Treat everyone with kindness and respect.
6. What are some of the accomplishments you’re most proud of?
Seeing the flowers in Marylebone flourish and do well! I’ve been with Marylebone since it opened and was a part of developing the look and feel for the flowers in the store. It makes me so happy to see the flowers doing well. And it’s lovely when customers tell us that they love our flowers! Also, being a part of Belgravia in Bloom was great!
7. What are you most looking forward to this year, both personally and professionally?
Professionally, I am looking forward to Autumn flowers. It’s one of my favourite seasons for flowers. The colours and texture that we get to use are amazing! And seeing the flowers grow throughout the company. Personally, getting to travel more and having family come to visit over Christmas!
8. If you could only eat one thing from Bayley & Sage for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Bayley & Sage Mac n Cheese!!
9. How do you spend your time when you’re not at Bayley & Sage?
I love doing anything creative, as well as spending time with friends and family. I also love live music.
10. What’s one interesting fact that we might not know about you?
I created some artwork that was used in a movie that you can watch on Amazon Prime and Apple TV. The main character was an artist and I was the one who created her artworks.
Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Jonathan, one of our buyers. Jennie ca
We’re starting to get in the Christmas spirit here at Bayley & Sage, and what better way to celebrate the season than with festive food and drink. We’ll be sampling some our favourite
Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we’ll spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Kai, our Fruit and Veg Superv