Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we’ll spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Tion, one of our valued delivery drivers. Read the full interview with Tion below.
1. How long have you been working at Bayley & Sage and what different roles have you held within the company? What is your role now?
I have been a member of the Bayley & Sage team for 15 months, and it feels like I’ve gained 15 years of valuable experience during this time.
2. What’s your favourite thing about working at Bayley & Sage?
My most cherished aspect of working at Bayley & Sage is the opportunity to engage with my colleagues across all levels of the organization, as well as the privilege of interacting with our esteemed customers.
3. Who has inspired you the most throughout your career?
The individual who has served as my greatest source of inspiration throughout my career journey is undoubtedly my grandfather. Even at the age of 85, he continues to exhibit the same determination, albeit with slightly less vigour.
4. Have you always worked in this industry? If not, what other types of roles have you held?
While my current role marks my first foray into this particular industry, my previous professional experiences have been diverse. I’ve worked in national and international courier services, administrative roles, tele-sales, and even pursued a culinary career as a chef.
5. What’s the best advice you could give someone who’s just starting out in their career?
My advice for those embarking on their careers is simple: Dedicate yourself to your work, strive for excellence in everything you do, and, perhaps most importantly, maintain a positive and cheerful demeanour.
6. What are some of the accomplishments you’re most proud of?
Reflecting on my accomplishments, one that stands out is the privilege of becoming a parent. However, I anticipate achieving more milestones in the future.
7. What are you most looking forward to this year, both personally and professionally?
In the coming year, both personally and professionally, I look forward to new opportunities and perhaps even the chance to represent Bayley & Sage in a more public capacity.
8. If you could only eat one thing from Bayley & Sage for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
If I were to select just one item from Bayley & Sage to enjoy for the rest of my life, it would undoubtedly be the Truffle Brie.
9. How do you spend your time when you’re not at Bayley & Sage?
Outside of my professional life at Bayley & Sage, I allocate my time to activities such as maintaining my fitness at the gym, spending quality moments with my children, and taking leisurely walks with my three beloved canine companions.
10. What’s one interesting fact that we might not know about you?
Here’s an interesting fact you might not know about me: I have a reputation as one of the finest chefs in the UK, and while this may sound somewhat self-assured, it’s a testament to my culinary expertise. Additionally, My background includes a history in semi-professional cricket, in which I represented teams at national level right up to under-19 level.
Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Jonathan, one of our buyers. Jennie ca
We’re starting to get in the Christmas spirit here at Bayley & Sage, and what better way to celebrate the season than with festive food and drink. We’ll be sampling some our favourite
Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we’ll spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Kai, our Fruit and Veg Superv