Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we’ll spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Kai, our Fruit and Veg Supervisor in Kensington. Read the full interview with Kai below.
1. How long have you been working at Bayley & Sage and what different roles have you held within the company? What is your role now?
It’s coming up to two year (in December) since I started at Bayley & Sage. I started off as a team member working in the Parsons Green store, but these days I’m found in our Kensington store where I hold the role of Fruit and Veg Supervisor.
2. What’s your favourite thing about working at Bayley & Sage?
My favourite things about working at Bayley & Sage is that everyone strives to bring the best customer service to whoever walks in any of our store. It’s a family and community based store. I enjoy how I can express myself creatively when rebuilding a display with fruit and veg.
3. Who has inspired you the most throughout your career?
My nan is the person who has inspired me the most. She taught me that even small progress is still progress, no matter what it is you are doing.
4. Have you always worked in this industry? If not, what other types of roles have you held?
This isn’t a first for me in this particular industry. I’ve also previously worked in a handful of football stadiums, as well as previous experience in other industries such as courier service and warehouse roles.
5. What’s the best advice you could give someone who’s just starting out in their career?
My advice to anyone that’s starting in this career would be to apply yourself to everything you do, work hard and make sure everything you do is done with your best efforts.
6. What are some of the accomplishments you’re most proud of?
I hope to accomplish more milestones in the near future but I’ve been lucky to have a few accomplished moments. One stand out for me is becoming a father.
7. What are you most looking forward to this year, both personally and professionally?
In the coming year, personally and professionally I see myself looking for new opportunities and roles within Bayley & Sage.
8. If you could only eat one thing from Bayley & Sage for the rest of your life, what would you choose?
Easy choice, Chicken Katsu Curry!!!
9. How do you spend your time when you’re not at Bayley & Sage?
Away from Bayley & Sage, I spend most of my time taking care of my daughter. But whenever I have time to myself I enjoy gaming, binge watching TV series, cooking and playing five a side football.
10. What’s one interesting fact that we might not know about you?
One interesting fact about me is that I’m a really big sneaker-head, I currently own 30 pairs and counting…
Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Jonathan, one of our buyers. Jennie ca
We’re starting to get in the Christmas spirit here at Bayley & Sage, and what better way to celebrate the season than with festive food and drink. We’ll be sampling some our favourite
Welcome to our monthly series Meet the Team, where we’ll spotlight the extraordinary people that make Bayley & Sage so special. This month’s feature is on Tion, one of our valued deliv